View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 07:59 AM   #88
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Well he finally admits he has an ego which was pretty much what was fueling this whole debate.

I stepped out of it because I had made my points. I had called him on his mistakes and accusations. True that, in public it would not have gone on,because everyone would have been rolling, when I proved his points were baseless without true facts.
You should be a politician. What mistakes did you call me out on? How the hell can I give you facts on a car that isn't finished yet. Just like you can't provide facts on the gt-r because it isn't out yet. You need to read this again. http://www.zilvia.net/f/showpost.php...5&postcount=36

Looks pretty IMO to me. I feel like I am on a merry-go-round with you.

Quote:
You cannot take a car built mostly as a track machine only and then base it against a production vehicle, any production vehicle! Its not a rational scientific comparison.
How is my car built mostly as a track machine only? It will have full stock interior, airbags, carpet. No difference in my evo then any other evo running the street. What is it because I have coilovers? Tons of street cars are running coilovers. The ohlins run smoother than a stock evo suspension. That is a fact, ask anyone who runs the ohlins. If you think my evo is a built track machine... then man you need some help.

Quote:
You think the GTR is overpriced
Yup and I think my built evo is also overpriced, but I wanted awd and 5 seats so I had to pay the premium to get it. Could have went with a bunch of other cars and gotten the same performance for cheaper. A single seater formula car will run circles around the evo and be cheaper but it's only a 1 seater with no boot, and not road legal. So had to pay the premium if I want that crap. If you want the allure of the gt-r badge, supercar looks you are going to have to pay a premium.

Quote:
You think its a great car
I was really hoping it was going to be great, but the weight and dubs(more so then the price) have turned me off.

Quote:
You think your EVO is the absolute tits to the world
Nope, and for the record I think the evo is the one of the stupidest looking cars on earth, but you don't see it when you are in the drivers seat. Function over form.

Quote:
You think your tits to the world EVO with insane amounts of cash can beat the GTR.
So what does that make the $68k price tag of the gt-r then. Pretty fucking insane, and I won't even be close to $48k never mind $68k.

Quote:
The only two valid points to the whole thread are your thinking the GTR is overpriced and you thinking its still a nice car. Unless of course your lieing in one of your previous statements about how you respect it.
The engine, suspension, and awd I am sure I will respect. The bloated chassis, interior and dubs I will not.

Quote:
Everything else has been speculation on your part which I had proved and others had proved several times. Instead of just saying ya I don't have figures but I think I can do it, you insisted it was a fact. Yet you submitted no proof. (speculative HP build numbers are flimsy proof)
I never said I had figures. Please quote me. I said all we can do is wait for both cars to come out. I posted track time and video of a similar built evo and what a stock zo6(gt-r should be close) dose at the same track(lrp) and said that was the best I can do for now. I never insisted it was fact. This is like the second time you keep trying to say I am posting shit as facts. Learn how to read. Do you really think a 3000lb evo making 500 awhp(my projected weight and hp) is that hard to do. I am not saying something crazy like 2500lb 800hp.

Quote:
When proven with facts by others and I, you started throwing other cars into the mix to avoid admitting you had been exposed on the speculation front. That is a Ego manauver which you finally admitted you had and exposed that for it.
How the hell can you prove something with facts when the god damn car isn't even out yet. We are both speculating, well at least I am, you I guess have all the facts. The ring times aren't even official yet you moron.

Quote:
Had you only sucked it up originally and said you know what guys I will go out and get the figures to show this would not have gone on for as long as it did.
Honestly, if you think you can do it and go out and do it, I would prop you. I won't prop or respect anyone that makes wild assumptions like you have without doing the footwork.
What figures do you need? It's 500awhp on a built 4g63. You think that is a wild assumption? wow...

Quote:
As it stands the points that should end this discussion right now are:

the GTR has lapped the ring 1 second faster than GT2
I haven't seen any official times, and it better not be the "evo" $$$ version. I really doubt it is the base $68k gt-r on stock tires, but if they get that boat around the ring that fast that is pretty amazing. Waiting on official $68k gt-r times.

Quote:
In final to do your comparison right . We would have to take a new EVO and bolt on parts to bring it up to the cost of the GTR and then start the testing.
Ok I will sell my evo roller and buy an X because that will be a fair comparison. wtf We aren't talking about a made up car. I am building an actual car that I intent to compare to a gt-r and every other car that is on the street, 1/4 and track. Guess what when a turbo miata runs circles around me, I am going to say I lost. Not some excuse "well it's not the same class", "well it will never be the kind of car the evo is".

Quote:
In the end though most people would still cry foul. Though they are both AWD, they are two completely different classes of cars. That will never fall into the same catagory and were built with two different purposes in mind.
No such thing as a catagory on the street or track days. Calling foul is an excuse bitch move. If I lost, I lost, I don't care if it was an enzo that raped me, I still lost. I can't stand people who use excuses in life "I can't go to the gym today I'm tired." Fagot ass excuse.

Quote:
Now maybe you could build a EVO to beat it. It would never be the kinda of car the GTR is going to be.
Trust me I don't want my evo to weight 3800lbs or roll on twenty ones.

Quote:
That pretty much renders the basis of your arguement irrelevant to reality.
Its been fun but once again its pointless.

It's funny because it's your argument that is irrelevant in reality. There are no catagories or classes on the street or track and that brother is reality.

Yes I know there are classes for race cars but 1)we are talking about street cars and 2)that is to keep power to weight ratio the same and allow the sport to be a more driver oriented. So please don't go the race car route with your rebuttal. If we are talking full out race cars the IX cyber evo beat the gtr's, just a little fyi. Man someone should tell them the ct9a chassis will never be the kind of car the gtr is.

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com