View Single Post
Old 11-21-2020, 11:18 PM   #72
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Buy new oil squirter tubes. Those cames are running dry.
Yeah thats not the issue, SR20's run with the wrong oil will do this pretty quick. Running a high zinc oil prevents valvetrain wear, previous owner of the engine obviously didn't know this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiewolf513 View Post
Wowowowowow
Wowowow it gets better! Made some changes to the engine harness, mainly pulled the chassis interface connectors inside the firewall and re-wrapped some bits of it. Transmission harness also got stripped down and re-routed through the old HVAC drain, fits well and cleans up the overall look.

Got all of the vacuum lines connected, double checked the mess of wiring inside the car and connected the battery. No sparks, no fires, good for a crank. Filled it up with some VR1 20w50, pulled the plugs and cranked it a few times to get some oil back into the system. Dropped the plugs back in, forgot the PTU was on the work bench from my re-routing shenanigans and tried to start it to no avail. Swapped a goofy ass FWD FRP onto it and then realized the real issue was the missing PTU, got it back in and the car started right up! Oil pressure is phenomenal, no weird noises (That I could hear) and it idled kinda okay even with all of the intercooler piping just sitting loosely in place.

With no exhaust it sounds like a dump truck, but it does seem happy overall. Will get the exhaust back on tomorrow and hopefully I can get a video of it running! Beyond excited to get everything together fully and hear drive this thing again, its been too damn long!