View Single Post
Old 10-18-2023, 05:17 PM   #319
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyedian View Post
Nice skids! I wanna hear that thang! ♪♫
Thanks! It's funny, people have told me it sounds like everything from a "typical honda" to a sr to a s52. Sounds most like a ka to me haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom cruise View Post
man this is so good. where dat waaaaaaang at tho
Shoulda ran the one I sold you for that event 😅

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
Fucking awesome
Thank you!

After the event, I decided it was time to tackle the grimy carpet issue. I regretted the decision as soon as I started. Working inside an s13 in a garage when it's 100? out was a terrible idea.

Once I got the carpet out, I realized why I couldn't get the left side of the driver seat rail to thread anymore. I think I already knew about this, but in the 5 years since I had driven it I totally forgot. Going to have to be a last minute fix before the next event on 10/29 so the interior shall stay scattered about my garage for a few more weeks I guess 🙃

At the end of the shakedown day, my drivetrain started making some weird noise. After spinning the wheels at home and not being able to pin point the source of the sound, I decided to go ahead and pull the diff to regear. If my math is correct, this 3.5 should be similar to a 4.3 with sr/ka box.

Upon reassembly, I found the source of the noise - just like everything else on the car, the engine had shaken the bolts at the front of the driveshaft loose, which was fortunately an easy fix. In the process I loctited the shit out of everything and also found that my subframe was on the verge of emancipating itself.

Now that I'm confident I've got 90% of the quirks worked out I decided to lower it to a more reasonable ride height. Crazy how much better a few mm make it look 😍