View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 06:37 PM   #39
NoPistons!
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
NoPistons! is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm pumped on this thread. Well, the good stuff anyway. The hater crap is weak. Smells like ignorance. Just ignore that shit. Vg30e isn't the most balling engine ever but they go hard and are cheap to obtain, build and service. They love boost. If i wasn't going ka for a while i'd make it a priority to get mine installed but i had to sell the turbo i got for it to get my s13 road worthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3Panda86 View Post
VGs are heavy, hard to work on, make little power nomatter what you get E or DE, I say save your money and get a VQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Use your iphone for google before posting next time.

Vg30 rods are good for up to 700hp. Pistons have held 500. Shut up with your weaksauce soda can motor bullshit. VQ swap is a waste of money. Sure it's lighter but for the money, i wouldn't waste my time. VG30 is stronger.

Also, you can find them in pathfinders, z31, maxima, quest mini van, xterra......lots and lots and lots of vg's everyfuckingwhere.

Fuck that dohc shit though. Run oversized valves and port the heads if you want more flow. Mine is sitting in my basement awaiting either my friend wanting to push funds to get the machine work done for his maxima or me finishing it to drop in my 240. Have vg30et ecu and top feed injectors. Shiiiiiiit. And i'm damn sure going to grab an s12 crossmember knowing they bolt up. The question is, will stock z mounts work with that leaving the tranny mount alone?