View Single Post
Old 05-30-2022, 08:12 PM   #11
na6miata

Trader Rating: (0)
na6miata is an unknown quantity at this point
Not too much going on with the car currently but a small update

Got the rear valences mocked up and trimmed them a bit, since these aren't true OEM the fitment was pretty meh but with the limited amount of time I have to build the car, they will do

Went to Final Bout SSE at Summit, of course I forgot to take more pictures and the only one I got was of a couple of JZX100's

While I was there I was looking around Faction Fab's booth and happened to find the last piece I needed to finish the parts I needed for paint, the fender extensions!

Got those mounted with some new brackets from Infinity Chantilly, who has been awesome about having a ton of OEM nissan parts for these cars.

A few days later I had to go drop off a couple of engines to a machine shop for work that was about 4 hours each way and about 15 minutes from there I ended up getting a tire blow out at 75-80mph. Thankfully got the car to a stop, with a bit of a scare but everything was alright except for being stranded for about 2 and a half hours on the side of a highway waiting for roadside assistance to come with a jack (The one time I take my jack out of the car)

Unfortunately when they got there I put the spare wheel/tire on and find that it didn't clear the inside of the wheel arch.

So ended up getting the car towed to a firestone who stayed open a little late and got 2 new tires on and off I went

The next day on my way to work started hearing a really bad axle clunk, so that night I swapped axles out with some autozone axles (Only thing I was able to get same day, and were $140 for the pair)

Hopefully these OEM axles will be able to be rebuilt so I can have some spares when the autozone ones fail

Also put on some knuckles and extended lower arms (Didn't get any photo's of this part) and then the next morning went ahead and dropped the car off to get painted!

Should be getting the car back next week, excited to see it all one color

Picked up 8 Ironman's. Haven't tried these out before, but for $60 a tire I will take my chances. Used to running Kenda's and Valino's on my Siliva so curious how these hold up.

Last thing is I got a 4.6 diff for the car and planning on putting this in my spare VLSD diff and shimming it, which should wake up this NA dual cam until I throw a little bit more power at it in the future.

That's all for now
na6miata is offline   Reply With Quote