View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 07:03 AM   #646
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
So I stumbled across a cheap running hatch, so now I have another one.

This car has a plethora of issues haha. First of all, a little about the car. It's an RB25 NEO with an RB20DET transmission . It's very rusty, and the wiring work on this car is atrocious. The fuel pump and starter are routed to switched in the interior with home wiring and no fuse or relay in sight, haha. It's on Maxspeedingrod coilovers (ebay junk), plenty of bolts broken or the holes rusted out, and the RB definitely doesn't pull like it should (more on this later). I got it for $2k though, and #savetheschassis or whatever. Plan is to fix/rip this thing around while I put the SR car together. Have some fun cringing at these pics.

Oh yeah and the overs were just slapped on top of the quarters with like four rivets each.

Re-arranged the intercooler piping.

Wrong hardware and rust everywhere, haha.

Broken gas tank strap bolt.

S14 diff and WOW are those OEM bolts *gasp*

Un-shaved the bodyline and more bondo artists at it again.

Car also had a ton of boost leaks, and I think the turbine is probably shattered (RB25's come with ceramic turbine wheels and nylon compressor wheels). The BOV leaked like a sieve, so I replaced it with a turbosmart unit a friend had laying around.
The car wasn't warming up on the four hour drive home, so about halfway through I stuck a bunch of cardboard in front of the radiator, and then it actually came up to temp. I'm assuming it has no thermostat in it, so I bought a Z32 one to drop in.
Changed the oil with some HPL 5w50, and it runs much better without all the massive holes and leaks in the plumbing, but I need to confirm the turbo condition and install the thermostat still to really get a good picture of what's needed to actually get this thing making the power it should.

Current as of this post:

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote