Thread: GA: S13 build
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 11:27 PM   #45
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
S13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of light
Slow progress continues. Got a 3port aluminum catch can fabbed up in house by Sebastian. Made lines using the Radium valve cover AN press-in fitting for PCV side, then a standard AN press-in fitting for exhaust side and suction pipe. Took it for a drive around the block to have AC evacuated and filled and am now trying to figure out why the AC doesn't kick on. Switch has power, fuses are good, but relay doesn't click nor does the Haltech see any voltage change from AC button turning on. Luckily only two things to really check. Aircon power button connection which does light up at the controls so have to track down the pin at the chassis interface connection and make sure it's all sitting proper. If it is then check connection to relay. If both those don't result in finding the issue I will be utterly stumped and will just go ahead with tuning and diagnose the aircon issue after. Tired of not driving this thing.

This is the stare my Silvia gives me everyday as if expressing frustration from being left motionless in anticipation of roaming the streets and highways.

Prototype catch can mounted and ready for testing. Suction port and exhaust side valve cover port divided by baffle and the intake pipe takes a 90 degree turn and goes a few inches toward the PCV port side to ensure least amount of vapors or oil will be pulled in by turbo. Hoping to make a few out of aluminum and titanium if this works well.