Thread: GA: S13 build
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2022, 11:53 PM   #57
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
S13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of light
Thankful for the return of Zilvia. Thought it was lost forever for a minute.

Short version:
Tuned. Drifted. Smacked. Soon to be painted.

Had the car tuned at 18psi and saw 380whp/360tq with full boost by 3k. Very fun. Can be a little jumpy off line but smooth after that. After finally getting a full alignment the car feels solid.

Onto the drift events! First event was fun but overall a not great day. Spent most of the day changing suspension settings in an attempt to get it to not hop and skip all over the track. Turns out was just the frame rail colliding with the rear camber arm on compression. Corrected that and headed to another event. Went much better.........after me smacking a barrier with the rear quarter on second run out. Could've been worse so kept running to get more comfortable with sitting RHD and using left hand for the hand brake. Basic driving I'd gotten very used to but being amped up at an event I regularly had to check that my hand was actually on the handbrake before using it. Learning. Next event I kept scrubbing against outside barriers at end of first corner with driver side. Couple scratches and a baby dent. Kept having fun and got more comfortable.

Now with all the fresh weatherstripping and moulding in hand the car is awaiting its turn at the paint shop. Staying with the TH1 style but using the newer version of it BW9. Basically same dark navy but with a boat load more sparkle so in direct light it ends up a more vibrant blue. Have debated on the purple/gray two-tone or even the green/gray two tone. Always have loved the two-tones. Longer I wait to go to paint the more I get lost on what color.