View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 10:20 AM   #41
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Thats sick man^, if I had the budget I would of went mk4. Still like canon ergonomics than anything else.

Figured, i'd do an update on the Sony. Just going to post pictures I transferred off camera to phone. So cant really pixel hunt. Will dump a good deal of pictures in a bit but Pros/Cons. Cant look at raw or downscale in native windows since sony files are wack.

Pros
-Layout which others hate, coming from canon there is a lot more I can do, along with software addons like retouch, little apps etc. Little gimicks but from factory its great over using something like magic lantern for canon bodies. Not sure about nikon or Panasonic bodies.
-Focus peaking, makes shooting my manual lens a DREAM. Nails it all the time and I focus just about as quick as autolens only issue is moving subjects which i'll get a native lens later
-I.S and dynamic range. I'll show later but there is a lot of room to mess with pictures along with the I.S is sooooo good for lowlight. Could be pitch black and I can shoot at 800-1200 ISO with my 50mm 1.2 all day with good pictures at 1 second shutter speeds. No mirror slap is a dream.
-Size its a dream to hold and even though its not "built" I dont feel like im ever going to just drop it or toss it around. Makes shooting street so easy. No one looks at you, they think you're some random with a point and shoot. Exactly like shooting my film Nikon F3HP

Cons-
-Battery life but going out is more than enough for me to shoot a meet or the day. I struggle a bit for 2-3 hours one day at the beach but its so bright I need bright viewfinder. On a roadtrip lasted the whole day no problem taking pics outside the car.
-Lens, havent looked much into sony lens but I know they are pretty pricey...
-Button layout, at first it was really wack but changing the buttons for what I want its okay. Sometimes there are a few odd way of doing things which I wish they made easier but not a deal breaker.
-Colors/Picture..... This is probably my biggest grip. Maybe I need to mess more with the tons and post processing (my mac partition of my hackintosh is dead and that lightroom) but all my pictures are extremely warm and almost orange. I cant stand it. That and along with how you can setup autoshooting you dont even have to try to take a good picture. It does it so easily. So its kinda worrying but encouraging to shoot differently because lets face it, you can tell when someone shoots a sony. I just dont want to be another guy that falls into that. To put it into perspective.

There is this guy at our local meets who has a 6300. Shoots auto all, amazing pictures doesn't edit it, cant even shoot manual to save his life. 1k+ followers on insta, always getting shoots, camera plebs wow at his work when its fairly amateur etc. Cool and amazing dude but I feel like he shoots 90% camera and 10% himself. When I first asked him about sony cameras I asked if he can put it manual everything for me and couldnt figure it out and hes had the camera for months. Two seconds I figured it out and take a couple pictures and gave it back. I was shocked.

Overall, I love it. I think if I went Nikon d750 or 6d I would have been just as happy but shooting manual and the lowlight in this cannot be beat.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote