View Single Post
Old 05-04-2022, 12:44 PM   #23
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
US-spec S13s went to R134a in mid-1993. So the parts are rare but they exist. Mostly 1994-titled convertibles, but my 1993 hatch has factory R134a. In the factory parts diagrams they give the break as 5/1993. kennn and I found a complete S13 R134a setup in a junked car about 10 years ago. Look for the blue stickers on all the hoses and one on the firewall by the clutch master.

Condenser is part number 92110-53F10 (vs. -53F01 for R12). Aftermarket suppliers only list one replacement for both, so... the differences may only be stuff like the "R134a only" stickers on every part of my system and the fittings and o-rings.

S14 condensers are a different shape but the same general size, I've never had mine out of the car so I can't say as to how well a different one would fit.

Just checked on Rockauto and interestingly the only S13 KA24DE A/C compressor they sell now is for the '94. Suppliers photos look bang on identical to an S14 compressor so I couldn't tell you the differences. My factory compressor has the fittings in the same config as those two.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote