View Single Post
Old 06-25-2021, 12:16 PM   #36
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Before anything else, I see some posters are stuck on Corbic's use of the flag: banner as an example. I do not read his mind, but I suspect his main issue is with the verbiage - not the actual producing and selling of a no longer created banner for a relatively normal price. I agree with him on that, and I will also say I don't think there is anything wrong with the reproduction of stuff like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
People can ask whatever they want for things. It's a matter of what you buy them for/what they sell for is the other side to that coin.

Y'all real mad over dumb shit. Blitz 03's are not ugly and just like anything, they're 'cool' again because some people dig the style and a specific someone runs them on his pro car. Supply and demand at it's core. If you're mad what they're selling for but you also think they're ugly, you're bitching just to bitch. No one really cares about your opinion. If they're overpriced, smart people won't buy them. If someone buys them to look cool like the driver and car on their iPhone wallpaper, why does that matter to you? You're not invested, you have nothing to lose or gain.

Replicate all the shit y'all want. If you make a living at it, who cares. It's called business. Ask Dorki. He makes replicas and does it so well that he can go out and buy all the cool real shit for his fancy cool car.
I don't see a ton of people ?really mad? man, I know you are hyper opinionated at times, but I think it's reaching here. No disrespect at all, but yeah - I certainly am not ?mad?, just know that inflation in a market is never a good thing, especially the hyper, created kind. On top of that, again, I truly care about the scene. I want it to survive for the next generations and making it harder and harder isn't something I am fond of. Again, simply reference Juicebox's new series ?Japan in a Van? when they do the civic episode (ep. 3). The youth mention how hard it is with rising prices for the next wave to get into cars. Then people here complain about how the scene is dying in Japan (and frankly everywhere), but if you are one of the people contributing to that it is hard to really... complain about it? Yeah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
There's nothing wrong with selling parts at a profit, but some of these price gouges are just plain hilarious.

Anyone interested in a s14 kouki wing? Was ripped off a car before shipped overnight from Japan.

Or a used s14 grill for $800?

I'm genuinely interested in how these prices are decided. Thinking about selling my authentic nismo s14 side skirts for....fuck it, $4,000 lol

That's my stance. Nothing wrong with making money from it. That?s not the argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
most overhyped wheel ever... they werent even that popular back in 90s/early 00s when you could get them new. but since every S13 owner is on the "type x" hype train due to social media echo chambers, the Blitz 03 has become one of the staple wheels to pair with 180sx kouki aero.

whats funny is seeing all these young kids freak and out and talk shit about 326Power for making a near replica of the wheel. and its not just 240sx kids either that are losing their minds. i seriously love the guys who are like "REPLICAS KILL THE SCENE MAN! YOURE STEALING FROM THE ORIGINAL MANUFACTURER" when the original manufacturer has long since ceased production of the product thats being replicated. in this case, 326Power brought something back that, for the stance life scene, is far superior than the originals due to offsets offered. yeah, its a single piece wheel... who cares *twirls finger*. at least it was done correctly... unlike that brand that decided to make single piece Work VS-KF replicas and just failed miserably at it.
Man I say the same stuff. The 03 has always been a wheel I loved (for 15+ years), but it isn't some crazy design worthy of such crazy prices. 326 is getting heat now, but they have had the 'gangsta' for a long time before the ghost which is clearly an alternative version of the 03 too. It's perfectly fine, as you pointed out - Blitz has long stopped production anyway, who cares? On top of that, these kids calling 326 a rep company

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
I'm only sourcing parts because 1) I know how to source them, and 2) I fully intend to do this as a way to supplement my income, i.e. I'm doing this entirely for profit.

I think what it ultimately comes down to is what is a good flip and what is a bad one... people can buy real estate, stock, or some other investment instrument, flip it for a large profit, and be perfectly with that, but for some reason when it comes to things we hold sentimental value to it somehow violates every moral code every car person has ever seen? Maybe I'm the minority here, but I don't see anything wrong with it.

That's what I was getting at. I have no interest in flipping parts, especially used parts, but I also don't care that people do it (as a hobby or as a source of income).

They can do whatever they want. I also don't understand why people pay absurd prices for sneakers, but I have a friend who bought a $700k house last year after cashing out ALL of his collection.

To each their own. I flipped this clutch for 3x what I paid for in ~2005 after sitting on it for 3 years:

https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=202395

As I tell every single person that wants to have a conversation about this, "caveat emptor".

P.S. If someone wants to buy parts from me and then resell, then they take the risk of that transaction. If the prices go up and there's enough money for a markup/flip, more power to them. The market can also collapse later this year and used parts pricing implode along with it, so any type of "flip" involves assuming risk on the part of the purchaser/investor. If we all have the power of hindsight, none of us would be here (or let Zilvia constantly die)
Hey man, I have nothing much else to add. Your pricing is fair. You aren't the type I was referring too. I have ZERO problem making money, zero. I just don't like hyper inflation killing something I like, and I have never ever seen you do that in years of being here. Nothing I have said was targeted at you, as we have discussed in PM - it isn't making a profit that is bad IMO, it's the way it is conducted and how. You are awesome, most here agree with that - and I am very thankful for the deals you have given over time.

<3

Last edited by DRIFTER-M; 06-25-2021 at 06:04 PM..
DRIFTER-M is offline   Reply With Quote