View Single Post
Old 12-07-2022, 09:51 AM   #58
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to brndck
NEW Garrett GBC22-300/350: Ultra-high response S15 turbo killer?

UMKAYSO.
(Dyno video on my IG https://www.instagram.com/p/Cl3utWZL...d=YWJhMjlhZTc= )

After working on Jon's car for eleven billion years, finally made it over to autotalent to visit Koji Arai for the evening. Very impressed with the final numbers 275 whp 266 ft lbs.

Initially there was concern, boost kicks in quickly, making a full 1bar by 3500rpm, but was running away to 17.5-18psi, it appears that the stock WG can't keep up, but we were not knocking and had plenty of Inj duty cycle available, so Koji felt safe to do power pulls.

So far the only other person I know running this turbo had the exact same issue (mark/krustycoupe). They switched to external gate and it is resolved.
(Thank you again mark for the info and advice!)

Overall i'm very impressed with the turbo, great response, this is gonna be a ripper, even on shitty CA 91octane. A 275whp s13 is a very fun street car. Initially Jon brought his car to me since "his mechanic" told him the cause of his black smoke out the tailpipe was low compression, i checked it and it was 165-170 across the board. His stock t25 was pissing oil and the wheel had hella play tho. He was obv very relieved the engine wasn't the culprit, but he didn't want to go all out with something crazy, wanted to stay relatively simple. T28 options were discussed, and i pointed him in the direction of this turbo. I was hoping it would be an easier install, but as i mentioned before, having to clock it, dealing with oil line fitting issues, making the ISR fmic piping match up, all very time consuming stuff compared to how easy a s14/15 turbo bolts in with a clocking kit. Once we settled on that turbo, it was a whole lot of "well if im doing this, i should do that at the same time", and so we ended up with new injectors, a fmic, power FC, r35 maf, etc. IMO its a great reliable combo for a car that will be 95% street car, 5% drift car.

We will revisit later on once a Apexi head gasket and some head studs, and an external WG and boost controller (and prob some pon cams) are installed. There is def more power to be made in the upper rpm range (and across the board) but I'm impressed with how much power was made with such a basic setup. Parts list below.

Parts:
Unopened s13 redtop sr20det
Apexi Power FC
Garrett GBC22-350 w/1bar WG spring
Brand new Nismo 740cc injectors
ISR FMIC
HKS SSQV BOV
Apexi intake pipe and filter, and maf adaptor pipe
R35 maf
Walbro 255 fuel pump
isr turbo elbow and down pipe
3" exhaust

Pink line is boost.
Yellow is TQ
Blue is HP
Other line is AFR

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote