View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 01:13 PM   #146
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
However, I have never heard of anyone getting a DUI/DWI because they sat next to someone who was doing shots of Patron.
valid, but i've heard of people getting cancer because they sat next to someone smoking cigarettes.

edit: i'll go ahead and say that there's no solid evidence of secondhand smoke causing cancer, and that smoking isn't the only way you can get cancer. but i'd really like to hear a solid, logical explanation of why tobacco is legal and marijuana isn't, based on health concern or public safety.

gonna go a little liberal here, bear with me.
the tobacco companies are the face of evil in America. they stay in business because they addict people to their product and their lobbyists hand out the most money.
when smoking bans started enjoying a little popularity in America, the tobacco companies realized they needed a new product that could be covertly consumed in places where smoking is banned, for the enjoyment of the addicted populace. in comes snus, which was never marketed here before, and, in fact, has now been banned in most of the EU.
and then they act like dealers. every magazine i open has a Camel ad in it with a coupon for a free tin of snus with any tobacco purchase. and for the past year or better, every time i go to a large event in the city (fourth of july fair, Taste St. Louis, St. Patrick's day parade, etc etc etc), there are two tents set up: one for Camel and one for Skoal. the Camel tent gives anyone over 18 TWO free tins of Snus for walking in with a valid ID. the Skoal tent does the same with their snus product and Skoal Bandits. first one's free, isn't that the saying?
anyway, tobacco is the devil and it's legal. if the concern is people getting contact highs... i've never experienced one, and that could easily be controlled.