View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 04:28 AM   #46
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oo_Skyline_oO View Post
I've a few things to say to that. #1 doesn't anyone realize what a HUGE impact this would have on us s13/s14 drivers??? this means 100% legal, usdm engine swaps, nissan is probably going to have an i4-t powertrain and sicne there's no reason to make a new engine weaker then the s15 sr20,and its probably going to put out 260-275hp, the new z will have 330 and the gtr will have 480, its seems perfectly proportional. yes they may be a little expensive, but in a few years after they realease it they will be afordable and legal for s-chasis swaps, F*CKING genious!!
#2, I doubt it will actually make it, simply because of the cost range. only way it would make it is if 370z's start at mid-high 30's (instead of 19-49 range of today's 350) and I don't see that happening. z sales would drop hard if for a few g's less you could get a turbo'd s16. and #3, drift freak, do a little more "modern" research of renault engines, yes, they may have a great history, but they're new stuff is just simply SH*T my mom's altima had to have its engine COMPLETELY replaced because of the stupid QR25. they have WAY too many problems. rings went bad and ate up oil like buble gum, I have a picture proving one of the most recent recalls, the air filter literaly igniting into flames because of a cigarete butt and a little wind, ecu's randomely turn off the car out of the blue.
have you ever watch'd the movie The Big Lebowski starring Jeff Bridges..

theres a quote in that movie "Donnie your out of your fucken element!"

cool quote... watch the movie... its great...

its about time.. Build it they will come... for those who not know renault was the first to engineer the pneumatic valve system... and i think they are working on a camless engine also... so i think they can build an engine or 2 or atleast engineer one...a good one.. i dont care what engine or chassis they use... as long as its rwd and turbo... or use a Z chassis to cut cost, great it cuts my spending...the more interchangeable parts will be from high end related cars the better.. its not like they havent been doing that already since the 70's...
around 20'k highly unlikely im pretty sure it'll be 25 ish...
who cares make it rwd and turbo... no glass roofs... and no paddle shifting.. please......

Last edited by infinitexsound; 04-25-2008 at 06:00 AM..