View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 08:20 PM   #69
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Is it alright to have the power steering reservoir located this low, below the pump?

Some declare that the pump needs to be gravity fed, while others say the reservoir can be below the pump, as long as there are no major leaks in the system.
It's certainly not ideal, but yes there's a fair amount of vacuum created by the pump and I never had p/s problems with my reservoir mounted below the pump on the SR or RB25. What it does mean is that every time you start the car, it has to re-bleed itself, which is not great for your pump (they like to be lubricated and cooled by fluid all the time) but not the end of the world.

In short, not recommended, but not a real hazard either.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote