View Single Post
Old 04-19-2022, 07:36 AM   #1
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
OEM oil filter differences?

Looking at the KA/RB/CA/VG part numbers.

If you go to your local Nissan dealer they'll hand you a 15208-55Y0A. I've also seen -55Y00 which, given Nissan part numbers, is probably just old stock/a previous supplier.

However I also see sellers with 15208-H890C selling at a massive markup ($20+ vs. $6-8 for the 55Y0A) presumably because it's shipped direct from Japan. This is usually advertised as the "RB26DETT GT-R" filter, but the Nissan parts book again lists it as compatible with a long list of KA, RB, CA, GA, even Z-series powered vehicles.

Exterior can dimensions look identical, do the internal specs differ? eg bypass/no bypass, drainback valve/no valve? I can't imagine the construction quality of the H890C really exceeds a premium aftermarket filter like Mobil1, RP, etc. to justify the cost (beyond being factory correct and having "oil filter" written in Katakana). The -55Y0A filters say Made In Japan on them.

My recently purchased engine came with a -55Y0A that I can't use because it got smashed in shipping, I'll cut it open BITOG style and update the thread. Anyone have a used -H890C to sacrifice?

For grins, this filter also cross-references with the Subaru EA engines, whose factory part number is bizarrely similar: 15208AA001
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links