Thread: Ka24det FAQ
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004, 09:49 AM   #32
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

Trader Rating: (0)
Jeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Big bad moderator? Your lack of control (and others who kept up the arguement) sent Scotts harmless post down the shitter, and Scott locked it. I don't want this crapped up with bullshit until I get free time and can prune/add info.
I'm not upset, other than the fact I already brought this book-of-a-post up on Tamparacing, and it apparently didn't even make you think about it. You are simply posting the same stuff you had before. The only thing in my post that can be construed as "disrespect" is when I said "We aren't talking about camshafts.. or anything else. Simply ECU tuning here." Clark may be a great guy. That's well and fine. He may design badass cams. Hell, I'm running JWT cams and waiting for my cam gears. The cam gears could be a bit better, ala AEM with sliding adjustment, rather than tooth by tooth, but it's not a gigantic deal. What is, however, is the subject of the debate, and the 40hp gained by an ecu that "only has a couple changes over something I'd [Scott] would ship out." I feel that I provided enough first-hand knowledge and examples in my post. And since you're friends with Clark, why don't you ask him to make better tunes. Do you know how much money they would make by offering a "race tune" or something along those lines. Pick up 20hp, and still have a 20hp safety margin. Slightly more agressive timing. I understand that JWT was the first to write these programs. When the first SR swaps were being done, JWT KA ecu burn to the rescue. When the first turbos were blowing up KAs. JWT ecus to the rescue. But to have what seems to be a dinosaur of a program running these cars that are no longer shady-tree mechanic turbo kits. We now have 10 turbo kits. 3 or 4 equal length manifolds. Basic ways that are tried and true to make power. JWT could take a couple people's cars and write better programs. Put a warning on them that says "Should only be installed on well-working motors, not responsible for blown motors, ect" and sell them. If I didn't live in Tampa, and JWT came out with a new program, I'd be the first to pay $200 or $300 for a reburn that would net nearly 20hp.
I didn't mean to come out on the attack, and in my eyes, still don't see it that way. I was simply saying that this needs to be in a different thread if you'd like to debate the merits of JWT and Scott. And as you can see, I'm the first to debate someone.
-Jeff