View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 10:04 PM   #82
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvns14 View Post
True. But it simple, he could save California millions of dollars and just release the returns.
This post reminded why I don’t label as either camp.

My intial thought is California could have saved themselves a lot of time and money by not passing useless legislation.

Unless they are truly stupid they know full well it will be ruled unconstitutional.

IMO it is political theater at its finest. The senate and governor can now say how they tried but they got over turned by the potus’s Supreme Court (as we all know it will).

Their constituents eat it up and vote accordingly.

These days the tough on crime shtick seems be another voter trick. People like the idea despite not knowing what it really means. The phrasing sounds good.

I think a classical conservative, or a libertarian depending om how one looks at it, should be softer on some crimes.

Mandatory sentencing
Three strike rules
Draconian drug sentencing

are a few “tough” things republicans and Democrats alike should rethink.

Prison reform is needed ins major way but it’s a hard sell to a lot of America.