View Single Post
Old 09-24-2022, 05:26 PM   #688
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Now, on to raising the diff. This is a PITA. Alas, I would like to not kill my stock axles and I don't want to spend the money right now to convert things over to Z33/34 ones, so here we go...

Pulled the already semi-crusty subframe out again...

and started chopping and welding. The goal was 40-50mm up, as that's what the wisefab raises the hub and my buddy Jay has proven you can do it.

So I'm sure if you had access to lasercutters and scanners and all that fancy shit, you could do this a lot easier/more precisely. When you're in the garage with hand tools and a cutoff wheel, it's a giant pain to get things right.

But, I got it done.

I wanted to take it to and get it powdercoated, but the Mazda died and I had to emergency purchase a car, which ended up being this:

Which I got for a steal and I actually enjoy. There lies the problem. I didn't realize that I can't fit an S13 subframe in the trunk of an E36...

So I wirewheeled the subframe and painted it this garish silver color so it doesn't rot to pieces while I move the chassis into the other garage to put the engine/trans in and finish up the rest of the chassis work.

And I'm going to put it back in tonight and reinstall the rear suspension so I can move the car.

I also replaced that broken front subframe stud with an allen bolt that I welded in with the welder on KILL and ground smooth.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote