View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 11:12 AM   #98
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_s13 View Post
Hmm. I did chop off the steering stop as well.
Were you out drifitng when you destroyed the rack?
From reading different stories about these, The lateral force from driving the car and steering it side to side shouldnt be enough to bend the rack. The bending should be from either a dirt drop or hitting something that would load the tierod inward toward the rack and effectively bend it because of the displaced load path to the rack.

That was my determination for running them, but I'd love to hear what happened to your rack. I may just grab some eccentric bushings and try that out.
It was during a slight dirt drop while drifting. Split the rack like a banana peel. Albeit less dramatic. The drop wasn't violent, but if I have a part on my car that is going to hold me back from pushing myself due to fear that it will have collateral damage in case of a small mistake, I'm going to avoid using it.

Also glad I brought up the eccentric bushings. Never heard of anything adverse happening with those, but I will definitely take note during this winter off season rebuild. Is Loctite really a good solution for flat clamped surfaces?
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote