View Single Post
Old 07-26-2023, 06:46 PM   #72
thermogod
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
thermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
For the supply hose to the pump - gotta bite the bullet and replace it. The low pressure hoses just start sweating fluid when they get old.

I know a lot of people use AN line replacement kits, I'm not a fan, they all delete the cooler loop and pressure switch, and IMO the fittings and hose they use on the high pressure side are under-spec.

I used the Pro Shop Noble replacement hose for the supply hose, every once in a while an OEM one pops up for sale, it is also possible to get bulk PS return hose and bend it with a heat gun to get close enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFDlGPLcK0o

For the high pressure hose I used an S14 OE-style replacement hose from rockauto, it replaces both the S13 high pressure hose and the short piece of hardline that goes over the crossmember with a single piece and that was basically the end of power steering leaks on my car. There is a tiny bit of seepage from the banjo bolt fitting on the pump on my car but I just kinda keep an eye on it and will tackle it if it gets worse because I'm afraid of making it worse.

Wait... is your banjo bolt missing its crush washer(s)? There should be a copper washer on both sides of the banjo. It looks like there's maybe one on the outside (between bolt and banjo) but not on the inside (between banjo and pump)??
Thanks yet again. Talked to a few guys at a car meet tonight that told me the hoses become porous over time just like that. Guess I do need another crush washer lol....there is certainly not one between the banjo and pump.

I did top it off and re-bleed it today.