View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 08:04 AM   #55
bejota180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
bejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
if i am understanding you correctly

you either have your headlights flush mounted (Z32-style) or you have them raised and locked, for a reason that I cant seem to understand.

our cars came with raised headlights for a reason, it lifts the light to a reasonable height allowing good output. If you're stuck pop-up, then install some e-code lights and be done with it. hella is the low-cost solution, cibie is the fancier solution.

if you are running a flush headlight setup, then you're fucked. flush headlights are fucked in every aspect, none of which i want to discuss. i had this discussion briefly with jizzer-jordan-innovisions with his FD.... and to me, flush headlights pose a lot more problems than people care to think about - but they eventually find out, the hard way.
Sorry for not explaining correctly, i have regular stock popups not those weird looking flush kits. I just don't have the headlight retractor installed, the headlights are fixed open or at any height i decide manually... I've always like the dual projector for dedicated low and high, but most of the online kits offer no image of the output... i've seen your work around the forum would have been nice to save up and afford some quality lighting instead of crap.

Do you recommend using Hids on the Cibies? or staying halogen for that type of housing?
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
...this is zilvia; prepare to get your feelings hurt.
bejota180sx is offline   Reply With Quote