Thread: Enough Ghosn?
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 03:37 AM   #94
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
I'm going to agree with gbaby. I like a lot of French auto designs.

I do think many of the designs are taking risks like the 'renault megane trophy', Citroën ds 2, the modern alpine, peugot 308 gti, etc. Lots of polarizing hatchback design cues I'd imagine are love it or hate it. I personally love it, but realize I'm a minority. I think the classic and new alpine a110 are stunningly attractive, and yet it wouldnt surprise me if most people on this site hates it too.

I just don't think the French aesthetic appeals to buyers who prefer cleaner looks like say the vw gti or current mazda 3 (I find them a bit boring). To me its a shame because a lot of these are genuinely good driving cars or so many of the reviews would indicate. I would have no problem if Nissan replaced the stodgy and sad Sentra nismo with the megane rs, and the versa with the clio rs (a fiesta st competitor).

I think there were some fun cars under Ghosn. I'm not sure he had a lot of confidence in the
US market (if not also Japanese and Chinese) market wanted them enough to justify the investment.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote