Thread: Dyno faq
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 06:28 PM   #19
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Yes, dyno on a stock swap is actually something I have just recently started to recommend.

A. Most people, even experienced shops, don't get the base CAS timing right. Which even if it's off by a little bit can throw off base HP numbers by 50-100 HP!!!!, I KNOW!

B. TPS, and other parts of the motor are harder to check when they are not under controlled conditions. I can data log your air temps, vacuum and other functions under controlled conditions on the dyno to make sure your stock swap or motor with bolt ons is at it's peak potential mechanically.

PS> I wanted to correct myself earlier.

The Dyno Dynamics actually uses an extremely accurate NARROW band sensor. I also have a Wide Band LM1 with tail pipe mount which we use as a third party sensor on-top of the Dyno Dynamics equipt super accurate Narrow Band. It's ridiculously accurate. Even more so than the bosch wideband.

Also the dyna packs are very capable of steady state. I just prefer the durability of the dyno dynamics and some of the more advanced load simulating capabilties. Just make sure the shop you go to is Nissan specialized or has A LOT of experience. because they are finicky