View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 01:07 AM   #62
kouki_s14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
kouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kouki_s14
Quote:
Haha sorry had to bust your balls on that. What do like two people on here own 240z's. lol
exactly why i called it a 240 forum, you're the one that wanted to get technical

Quote:
I brought the evo up in a 240 forum, sub nissan news forum, because I was comparing the evo to the gt-r. That is like me saying why are you bringing up the 911. The car needs to be compared against something other than a nissan, I just happen to think a built evo compares very well to the gt-r. Obviously many don't
I brought up 911 because it's been tested against a 911. You dont see Nissan taking the GTR around the world with an Evo in its tracks. If Nissan wanted to build a car to beat the Evo, i doubt they would have to try very hard.

Quote:
The car needs to be compared to other cars we all know this and we all have different opinions on what to compare it to. I already listed the cars I would compare it to. I think price and AWD should be on the top of the list. I would not unlike a lot of others (magazines included) compare it to the 997tt. Performance is similar but the price is way too different. IMO not the best car to compare. I was in the market for a gt-r but no way in hell was I in the market for a 997tt.
It's being compared to something twice its price to show that it can do what the 911 can do, but luckily you dont have to pay for a 911. Why cant you compare similiar performing cars? Seems like a good platform to me. It's the best way to see which is the best bang for your buck kind of thing.

Quote:
Well it's going to be a stock interior evo. I think it's comfortable not luxurious. I will still be way under the 68k price so I could have custom leather, nav, stereo blah blah but that is not me. Why would you even want a gt-r lux? One of the reasons why it's 800 lbs heavier than a evo. It went lux which I really wish it didn't, but is a pro for some.
Why would i want a GTR to be luxurious? Why wouldnt i want a car to be luxurious? I dont care if the navi, stereo, seats are heavy. If it performs while being heavy and keeps me comfortable then thats a big plus.
If i didnt want a luxurious car then i would build a car myself and make it fast, but i cant build a luxury car.

Quote:
Just pointing out one of the pro's of the evo build vs gt-r just as you pointed out the lux pro with the gt-r. You have to list all the pros and cons when comparing, and no back seat is a huge con for me. Not everyone has a family or even wants a back seat. So a backseat may be a con for someone else. Going to VIR that is 10+hr drive in one car is a huge pro for me.
Then you're obviously in the market for something else, Nissan isnt pricing it for you. Nissan is making this car for the people who want a luxury performance car and that dont need to haul a family around. If you got the money for this car then you can probably afford to get a SUV for other duties.

Quote:
No I am not kidding these aren't like jdm coilovers, with the double adjustability you can get the car to ride very nice. Way way nicer than a stock evo.
But you still have to adjust it manually at the track to get it to perform the way you want. Eh some people are just lazy.

Quote:
Keep up where... on the mountain and track? The entire suspension is being done over bushings, swaybars, adjustable front and rear arms. 305/30 18 on all 4 courners. That is a total of 48" of rubber. What is the width of the gt-r tires? I haven't seen any info on that. I am really curious. I will be running close to the same size rotors and calipers as the gt-r. 3000 vs 3800 with same brakes means I can brake way later and deeper. Also tires, pads, and brake fluid will start to fade faster at the track/mountain with a heavier car.
Tire size doesnt mean anything unless you can get heat into them, most drivers cant ever use the full potential of 305 tires all around. You better be running some high hp numbers for that heat and to keep it at temp, so that means high boost, which then plays into the reliability factor. You're not going to weigh 3000lbs with thick comfortable leather seats, navi, etc(remember from my point of view it's supposed to be as luxurious as a GTR).

Quote:
No but the price for replacement parts are going to be on par with other super cars. That pad rotor service scares the hell out of me. I wonder how much is labor. That should be a 1/2 hr job tops.
wth? are you still considering buying parts from the dealer? come on....
endless, pbr, project mu, etc will have replacement parts within months if not sooner. Not to mention it may perform better or just as well for low costs. Just stop looking at those dealer prices already...it's a pointless fact

Quote:
I don't want to release info on my engine or hp figures yet, but trust me when I say built evo I mean it in every sense of the word. I am not fucking around with this car. Engine builder is charging me 8k and that is built to the max. Basically he can't charge me any more because there is nothing left to upgrade. lol That is for a IX long block that is rated for 1100hp for drag and 800hp endurance road racing. I won't be running 800hp but I will say it's going to be more than the evo gt-r.
So how is this car going to have AC? Again remember your "built evo" has gotta have AC. I love my AC. So you will have a fully built 4 cylinder running 500+hp? Little less? Little more? That motor is going to run HOT, which means you need a thick radiator and FAT FMIC, which means it'll block the AC, which mean......no AC. To me, that is no longer a car that can be daily driven.

Quote:
I might be optimistic, I guess we will find out in 08. I will be sure to post incar track laps and time slips. For me it so much fun doing the research and work on your own car and have it perform well. I know if I am passing a gt-r at the track I will be on cloud nine because of all the work I did. A driver in a gt-r passing me in my toaster evo wont even have a second thought.
You cant really say that youre working on your own car since you're paying $8000 to someone to build your engine. You will probably pass a GTR on a track sooner or later, but that driver was obviously not putting it to its full potential. You will need to strip even more amenities, sacrific more reliability, comfort, etc on your Evo to compete with a driver that can take the GTR to its limits.

Quote:
I didn't call my project, hippiekiller for nothing. I am preparing for war and I hope the 08 cars rolling of the stealership lots are also.
you have one hell of an uphill battle against the GTR.

If i had the money i could probably build an Evo to compete with a GTR too. but there is no way in hell i would want to drive it everyday. You cannot take $68,000 and build an Evo with the same characteristics as the GTR, period. Is anything i'm saying getting through?