View Single Post
Old 05-02-2023, 09:14 AM   #283
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
You can get hub adapters and go 5x100 to 5x114.3. Basically just 25mm bolt on spacers.
While that is an option, I would strongly recommend looking for a set of wheels that are made in 5x100, and are sized appropriately for what you want fitment wise. Don't redrill 5x114.3 wheels into 5x100.
I would have suggested the advan model 7, but the only 5x100 is 18x7.5 +50. GR86 fitment seems to like 17x8 +30mm since you don't even have to roll fenders or run excessive camber.

The previous owner of my subaru used 20mm bolt on spacers.
What happened was the lug nut seized. While I was trying to get it off, the steel stud (on the bolt on spacer) spun in the knurling in the aluminum hub.
Now I have a spinning stud in an area I can't access and I have to drill off some lug nuts while they are attached to some rare wheels.

GKtech makes some spacers that won't strip (due to use of oval shaped studs), but now we go back to buying appropriately sized wheels for your car.

https://us.gktech.com/5x100-5x114-conversion-spacer

These are $90 per pair, so $180 plus tax/shipping.

Were Battles always 22-24 pounds?
That's what the Konig Battles are.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote