View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 02:04 PM   #39
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
Had a similar problem in my s14, a no start just a clicking. Since then I have sold the sr motor that was in there and its been working fine in the new car its in. So that weeded out the starter itself being the problem.

Now I have my new motor in (1jz vvti) and it has the same issue. Sometimes first crank it starts, sometimes it takes about 50 on/off rotations of the ignition to get it to start.

We did a bunch of testing and its getting a 12v signal to the starter solenoid sometimes but not always.

I have a feeling the issues is the cable that I'm using to run power from the battery to the starter. It was an old power wire for a sound system, the cable my have bad terminals on the end and not allowing enough amperage through. So hopefully diving in to this in a week or 2.