View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 01:28 AM   #62
knate
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
knate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by cured13 View Post
Silvia's Helical diff is what I need in my life, haha.
I remember you writing on NRR about installing s15 helical and using Ford alternator bushings as a spacers for ring gear bolts.
Would you share what model/year Ford alternator bushing were these? The Nismo conversion bolts I heard are discontinued now and rather expensive for what they are.

What is your experience with these spacers, did they lasted without problems or are there other bolts from other cars that can be used instead of Nismos?
You have a good memory! We just went to a shop that rebuilt alternators and gave them sizes.

I have a few more in my toolbox so I just grabbed them. They are 12.03mm (0.4736") ID and 13.14mm (0.517") OD and 18.36mm long.

After a bunch of digging around.. I think I may have discovered they are actually starter bushings. I found on Summit this bushing which is super close to what I have and should work:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/smp-x4349

I believe I also found the exact bushing I have as it's pretty much perfect match on all dimensions including length. It's a Delco starter bushing:
https://qpselectric.com/en/bushings/4239-62-1400.html

This diff lasted for quite a few years of street driving, drifting, and racing. It just recently came out of the race car to swap out gearing, so these bushings worked great. I have also heard of people not using any bushing, and just "preloading" the slack towards the acceleration side, but these bushings are cheap piece of mind. I just had to cut them shorter with a tubing cutter, so I actually got two from each one.
knate is offline   Reply With Quote