View Single Post
Old 04-13-2022, 10:38 PM   #85
knate
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
knate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really nice
We scramble to get the wheel bearing changed out, and we just get it done in time. However when we are about to back out of our space we are told that we are too late and they won't accept us. I am frustrated, I take my belts off, and get out of the car. A couple minutes later, they say that if I get out there immediately, I can still race in the sprint. I jump in the car, start belting up.. only to be told that now I'm too late. I'm disgusted, but at least there is another sprint coming up.

Salute to the Dogs (06/27/2020) - Sprint #2 - Ridge Motorsports Park:

The plan is for me to start the race, then do the required pit stop toward the end and put my dad in the car. Things are going well and I am up into 4th place when the brake pedal goes long. Real long. The brake pedal has been soft ever since we put the Wilwood calipers up front (more fluid to push), but that also cuts into how much margin we have when there is an issue. I can't decide whether it's air in the fluid or a wheel bearing issue. I can pump up the brakes with my left foot and get them to firm up, so I keep driving. I figure it's good to get some practice at doing that, and the issue is not getting any worse. After a while I get used to it, and start trying to beat my previous lap times. At this point I've written off the race itself, but wanting to see if I can beat Randy's lap time.

I am chasing Randy's 1:57.33, and I get down to a 1:58.2, a 1:57.6, a 1:57.4.. I am wringing every last bit I know how to get out of the car and finally at the very end I run a 1:57.38. So close! Randy still had me beat that weekend, maybe next time! We get disqualified for not pitting, but I didn't want my dad to have to go out on a hot track trying to figure out the left foot pumping before every corner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpcQTd1JXAk
knate is offline   Reply With Quote