View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 01:40 PM   #376
MattTenFour

Trader Rating: (1)
MattTenFour is an unknown quantity at this point
I provided GKTech with my original order number and this was the response I received. I'd recommend sending them an email with your order number and they'll let you know if it needs to be replaced. They never contacted me prior to this so obviously they're not going out of their way to give out replacements. Here's the email they sent.

"The reason for my email today is that there may potentially be an issue with the shifter that we have sent to you.

To date we've sold over 200 of our Z33 shifters and unfortunately there appears to have been a material mixup (it seems as though some of the billets supplied were not 4130 chromoly that we had spec'd). To date this issue has effected 5 customers that we're aware of.

We currently have replacement shifters in production to replace all 200+ that have been sent out as a precautionary measure as we don't know which shifters have been effected. The replacement shifters are expected to arrive into both the Australian warehouse and US warehouse in around 1 weeks time.

The replacement shifters which are both stronger in design but most importantly the material confirmed to be in spec will be sent out at no cost to you."
MattTenFour is offline   Reply With Quote