View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 06:30 PM   #675
dreaMervaj
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (18)
dreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Clem View Post
Ok guys, I have the factory speedo working in the S14. I tried to use some of this info on mine but he is using a SGI-5c and I believe that’s just the older model as the newer model SCI-5e does not have dip switches and is all electronic options and adjustments. After playing with it some, I’ve got my settings that worked for me. I’m sure there’s a few ways to set it up but here is what I did. Intellitronix box setup just like his, to the 16,000ppm output. You do not need the VSS signal ground to have the speedo work. All you need is the Red/yel wire that feeds the VSS signal to the speedo. Couple of places to grab it, either directly from the back of the cluster or down the line closer to the lower harness. I spliced it right at the cluster because it wasn’t was just easier for me at the time. So take that and use it for the Dakota output 1. Use the white wire off the intellitronix for the input to the Dakota obviously and with this setup, mine was defaulted to the L-L or low to low setting already but if yours isn’t, follow the instructions and change it to this. You just hold the set button while powering up to see which program it’s on. Once all this is wired, and program is selected you can set your gain, or whatever it’s called. The “calibration” of the Dakota box. It shows you in the instructions but basically there is just a + and - button and you adjust the correction factor. With a 235/40/18 and using a gps speed app on my phone, I ended up at .512 with the above settings and it is absolutely dead on at all speeds. I really hope this helps someone because it was difficult to find any info for me on the stock cluster input and all that but here you go.

So in summary, all you need is

Intellitronix GPS Speed sensor and the Dakota SGI-5e, the above settings for Lou is using an older SGI-5c unit with dip switches, and the ones sold now are digital and do not have that, just to clear up confusion. I was confused so I thought I’d share that.

So intellitronix only needs power and ground.

Setup the dip switches to 16,000ppm which in what Lou posted, but it’s in the paper that comes with the unit and there are two options for 16,000, either should work.

Dakota Digital SGI-5e:

Power
Ground
Signal in- white wire from intellitronix unit
Out 1- Red/Yellow wire at cluster (VSS Signal)

THIS IS ALL YOU NEED FOR SPEED OUTPUT ON THE CLUSTER. You do not need VSS ground or anything else hooked up to the unit.

Settings- Low-Low and calibration .512 with a 235/40/18 but set it around here and fine tune for your car using a GPS speed app. I too used Speedbox for iOS
I messaged DClem but didn't get a response. Has anyone used this setup? My speed or rpm is not working at the moment. Does the above setup fix both the speed AND rpm?
dreaMervaj is offline   Reply With Quote