View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 11:13 AM   #914
Boostin Caffeine

Trader Rating: (0)
Boostin Caffeine is an unknown quantity at this point
Whats up Peeps, just a Super Noob floating in, but long time lurker. Here to share useless info, and my build so far.

So to kick things off some info... Which maybe useful to someone out there.

Stock uncut CD009 Bellhousing-Service tunnel distance: 28"

Collins A340/CD009 Bellhousing-Service cover: 28"

If you run the sandwich plate i guess expect about 1/2" more, so the shifter will be moved further rearwards.

Okay, so the Collins kit is OK, but he sends it with garbage nonFlange 10.9 Flywheel bolts. Due to the flywheel thickness and Crank hole depth, this makes it kinda a pain to find bolts for, you can cut ARPs if you want.
I went with OEM 3RZ M/T Flywheel bolts, all 8 from my local dealer for $20.

Shifter is Trash as well, i'll be selling mine because im scared to Money Shift with it, i'll post a vid of how suicidal the shifts are and Reverse is.
I'm running a factory T56 Slave, with the ISR T56 relocation kit from Enjuku Racing, this kit comes with a Wilwood MC as well. AS well Collins sends an Ebay clutch with his kit, but marks it up as a premium. I opted for a SouthBends DxD clutch.

So for peeps looking to ball on a budget like i did, i bought both my CD009's for $200. Just look for 05' Transmissions, early 05' were recalled for synco issues, and replaced with Early Edition CD009's, these transmissions only have CD#1 on the casing, and other wise thought of as CD001's. My "Gold" transmission was confirmed by ConceptZmotorsports as a true CD009 by the vin plate, and the CD#2 in the input shaft plate.

AS for a decent diff, i'll be running an Early Q45 6 bolt diff, with Z33 axles. This is a direct bolt in for an S13, and is the same Ratio as a factory 350z to match the trans. This car is being built as a cruiser for me and my girl.
Building an 800hp 2J/CD for my S14

As far as my build, its a 1JZ VVTi, with the Collins A340 setup, in a 91 Hatch S13 ive owned since i was 15 flipping burgers Fast Food.
Boostin Caffeine is offline   Reply With Quote