View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 07:09 PM   #55
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Here's a place that isn't special to the S-chassis crowd, but is special to me. I flew to Hiroshima then took the train to Onomichi to inspect a Carrera RS 2.7 at this shop. The owner, whose name I've now forgotten almost eight years after (edit: found his card, his name's Shigeru), was kind, spoke better English than I did Japanese, and kept me hydrated with chilled green tea on a 90 degree, 95% humidity day.

We took the road in front of his shop under the highway, up into the hills, and then did a 200kmh run down the highway back to the shop. After that, he put the car up in the air and the forward mount of one of the front control arms was rusted nearly completely through!

He has tons of vintage race parts hidden in his shop, and he maintains multiple 911s and a couple 356s for locals. Has a fondness for Lotus Europas and Caterham Sevens as well.

I took the train back to Hiroshima, took a shower, hopped on the train to Up Garage in Asaminami Ward and walked back to my hotel just outside the Peace Park. It was fascinating.

Here's Autech Tsukada/ATTKD:

Last edited by KA24DESOneThree; 05-17-2021 at 04:03 PM..
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote