View Single Post
Old 07-27-2022, 05:07 PM   #7
chingon
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
chingon is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
HKS didn't make a name for themselves being "tyte", they did it through making consistent, high quality parts that have repeatable results and quality. I've seen and heard those cheaper SS exhausts, and I doubt that "resonator" you see in the photos actually does anything, and if it does, it won't do it for long.

Without getting into it too much, just keep saving your pennies, you'll be glad you did when you get a quality exhaust.
I ran one of these ssa clones for years w/o issue is basically why I'm asking for a repeat. The HKS fitment looks fairly decent but again corrosion is a problem and just looking through a few "409 exhaust rust" google images I'm not entirely sold. I'll report on this ccp tyte, hopefully they've improved on fitment.

I hear you on the resonator, I bought an ebay special for a different platform, resonator was just a pipe welded on top of a pipe and mufflers I'm fairly certain were empty cans (DNAmotoring brand) that rung like bells. I replaced it w/another one at same price point and fitment was night and day, mufflers were thick steel and dead silent when you smacked them, no resonator but way quieter than the one it replaced.

Basically what homeboy below said. I look at this like HF/chicom tools, some losers, some jewels in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
If you want something known good, you buy name brand and spend the money. Of course. But no harm in asking around to help separate the wheat from the chaff. Some cheap parts punch above their weight. Always been that way. The same "if you want companies to make parts you have to support them by buying them" adage works for the eBay grade stuff, too, particularly if you find something that's actually well made.
chingon is offline   Reply With Quote