View Single Post
Old 01-01-2023, 03:04 AM   #5
doridoridori
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
doridoridori is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
Dont use a catch can, just measure the crankcase pressure and set it properly so the internal baffles work like OEM. Catch cans add volume and friction to the crankcase which further kills PCV action and that leads to oil leaking, poor oil drain, large oil droplets, increased blow-by, ring flutter, oil occluded ring pack, increased engine deposits and eventual wear and failure. Catch cans and excess lines are long-term health risks for a combustion engine.
Oil is good for the turbocharger that is what keeps the stock turbos alive on skylines supras and silvias for 250,000 miles, light oil film is protective. Metal needs oil to protect it from air. The oil wont pass the turbo if the crankcase pressure is set to OEM levels 0.5" to 1.5" Hg at wide open throttle. This is the mistake everybody makes, they don't measure and set it.

If you install a fuel pressure regulator, you check the fuel pressure and set the fuel pressure right? If you install new tires, rad cap, transmission pump, oil pump, boost controller, they all have pressure values which need to be verified and set. The same goes for crankcase pressure. You change the PCV system by installing new turbos, air filters, engine breathing mods, whatever- its like installing a new fuel reg or tires or boost controller. Measure, set.
i wasn't aware of that but since going top mount and having to remove the oem catch can i obviously need something to take it's place. Not sure i 100% understand what you mean by setting it without the oem can.