View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 01:02 AM   #64
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
ashtonroche is an unknown quantity at this point
the twin disks still allow some slip if you hold it right. Again its all feel. Nice 60's btw. Whats your best e/t?

I usually preload at 4500 rpms or so, i may have to go a bit higher with the twin disk. I usually just let the clutch out until i feel the front end lock and dip down a bit and i know everything is good and tight. You dont have to put a lot of pressure on the drivetrain to lock everything up to prevent the initial snap. Probably even slightly letting up the clutch kind of like you would when your driving would lock everything tight instead of putting too much pressure on things.

But again it will take some feel im sure but ill do some practicing preloading before i actually go on the track to get used to where i need the clutch at to keep from stalling and that will allow me to put the pedal to the floor when the yellows fall without launching at the same time my foot is going to the floor.

I usually preload, yellows fall, foot the floor to bounce the rev limiter and down with the ebrake and dump the clutch at the same time it hits the limiter once. Ive got it timed pretty well by how fast my motor revs up. Its all getting used to it. My best 60ft to date is 1.68 on small 22X8X15 m/t slicks but they were new unlike the 7 year old taller slicks.

I think i may be able to get in the low 1.6's with these new 24.5X9X13 m/t's i got. haha. Set them to 8 psi or so and do a smokey 2nd gear burnout now that i will have a clutch to hold it, haha
ashtonroche is offline   Reply With Quote