View Single Post
Old 07-25-2015, 12:42 AM   #8
ILoveJDM
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
ILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to behold
I was in the industry for 4 years, The wraps themselves are not expensive..you're paying for the labour. 5ftx75ft which is enough to do a Van, is roughly $700 to your door for the highest quality 3M material.

Want to know a secret? Vinyl work doesnt cost shit. All those die-cut stickers you guys pay $5 for cost $.10 in material. Printed box slap stickers from your cool drift team? $.20 in material, a couple cents for the ink, then you're paying for someone to cut them out and laminate them after they are printed.

Want to save more than HALF of what this shit costs? Learn to graphic design in your free time download a program, get cracking, youtube videos on different techniques to achieve what you want. You will be able to Set up all the work so that when you bring it in to get printed, all they need to do is drop the file and click go. You skip the set-up fee, skip the design fee, but you still get sewered on the insane markup for material cost.

Here was my last car, full wrap which I did myself.. $700 USD, I replicated the signal auto splash, bought my own chrome and white for the underlay, guess how much it cost me? $50. Having a shop do that for you? $300+ for the graphics with design time, $1500+ labour for wrap.