View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 10:45 AM   #21
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgs_7 View Post
Yikes. My suggestion:
-Take out 1500$ of bank account
-Buy gun, equipment, materials, sealer, base and clear
-Paint your own car in garage
-Wet sand for days
Now you're 10000000x better off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan88 View Post
^This. Three days to paint, one month of wet sand. loved the results
What the fuck is wrong with you guys. Fuckin rednecks. You dont paint a car in a garage, you take it to a body shop. You know, spray booth, employees, filtration systems, etc. You idiots are making suggestions that will continue to make his car worse and worse

Do yourself a favor, consider making life easier on yourself. You already made a bad decision by having this shit-show of a shop spray dip onto your car. Fortunately, that stuff shouldnt be too bad to remove. However, you can make life even easier by getting rid of that silly ass wing and those cheap aftermarket bumper/fenders/hood.

Your lucky that your car is new and parts are readily available. Order a new OEM bumper, fenders, hood, and just ditch all that garbage you've acquired - its not worth a damn anyway, cheapass fiberglass shit. Now you have fresh new body panels that you can repaint. If you want OEM pearl, fine, but at this point you can probably save a few bucks going with a solid white. You dont want to extreme of a color change - you want to stay within the same range of paint as what the car was originally painted. This way, rock chips and other defects wont be so noticeable.

Do yourself a favor and use this as a learning experience of what NOT to do: avoid shitty dip products, avoid shitty shops, and avoid installing cheap ass aftermarket aero. This may come off as harsh but trust me, you need to move past this fast and furious bullshit.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote