View Single Post
Old 08-09-2021, 10:06 PM   #12
doridoridori
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
doridoridori is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
this is most likely your problem. when you change cams, youre changing behavior in the cylinder. the fuel cools the cylinder chamber. when you change the overlap and duration of the cam, you need to change how much fuel is being injected into the cylinder itself. most likely the issue right now is that youre running lean.

honestly, ROM tunes are a very outdated way of tuning motors. a full stand alone would be the best route to go. ROM tunes were a 90s and early 00s way of tuning a motor. in modern times, standalones have come leaps and bounds beyond ROM tunes. even running an old school stand alone like a PowerFC is well beyond anything a ROM tune can do.
yea that makes sense, i should've thought about that before hand, was doing a lot of work to the car aside from the cams and once i got everything buttoned up, started to test drive it to work out any bugs (this being one that presented itself). Also my aem sensor went bad so that was another thing, replaced it as soon as i noticed it. I definitely don't disagree rom tunes are outdated but i had no issues with my entalpy tune. I daily'd, drifted every event and drove the car home and to work 5 days a week on the rom tune lol. Not saying I wouldn't consider a standalone at some point but my setup isn't too crazy that the entalpy tune can't handle.