View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 10:13 PM   #646
dreaMervaj
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (18)
dreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Clem View Post
Also, z axles fit perfectly fine. I’m running them with a stock diff and villains stubs. The problem with those mentioned diffs is they’re VLSD and probably all really old/worn out. Some still work well if you want a viscous diff, but could go z33/34 (never thought about it since I run weldeds for the track but they came with viscous right?) and then kill two birds. Newer viscous coupling unit and stronger diff. And as fast as speedo, if you go back some I shared ho to make it work with GPS for pretty cheap. Good luck
D-Clem thanks for the detailed feedback. Yeah I think I'm putting too much thought into the rear end ratio. I just don't want the car too sluggish or too finicky.. as I stated it'll be a DD, some sprinted mountain driving, and highway pulls..

Yes I saw your detailed explanation on how to get the speedo working. Would that same setup work if I went with a z33 diff? I think I'm gonna keep the 4.08 in it and buy the z33 diff ($100 bucks) and the axles to keep on the side - this way I can swap if I don't like the 4.08. I believe if I have the above I would only need the Maverick diff bushings..
dreaMervaj is offline   Reply With Quote