Thread: S13/S14 to 350Z
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 01:26 PM   #53
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by unwtdhero View Post
Then why consider buying a z? Gonna sr swap it? Bahahahaha
Lol... Hell no. I Look for simplicity. Not into all this reinventing the wheel BS. You're welcome to do whatever you want with your money. No hostility here. I just really wanted to understand your logic beyond the insurance aspect because we have different perspectives.

From my perspective, just buying a 350Z outright won't be as fast as what you're building with comparable mods, but I bet it sure as hell will be more reliable and last longer. That has certain value to me. The expense of pairing that motor with that chassis to gain a few tenths of a second more speed doesn't have much value to me since I'm not doing any timed races.

And the $11k for your swap? You didn't answer if that inculded boost or not. I hope so, because an N/A VQ swapped 240 will still get it's lunch ate by the typical SR with gt2871r for much less money. If you're in a state that crackes down on SR's, I can kinda see, but you're in TN. Are the cops really giving any fucks about some SR's out there?

Again, I'm just trying to understand. Because I would have mated the VQ35's trans to an SR and called it a day.