View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 10:10 AM   #26
xharobikeslifex
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
xharobikeslifex is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks guys for the kind replies. If you havn't noticed i'm kind of a clean freak haha.
Today I pulled off the heater hose brackets to wash and paint them.

I sprayed them with high heat aluminum and also cleaned and sprayed my alternator brackets with high heat semi gloss black while I was at it.

I impacted both my intake and exhaust side motor mounts with a 14mm deep socket

I decided to replace both my ecu temperature sensor and dash gauge temperature sensor

I used a 19mm and a 12mm deep socket to remove both of them

Heres a comparison of old vs new mine are not that bad at all... oh well haha

It's not necessary to put teflon tape, but I chose to do it just to be on the safe side. tighten and your done

I replaced all of these clamps because these ones are lame and dumb

And instead I used these clamps shown in the pictures, I decided to also reuse my heater hoses they didn't seem to be that bad in shape, so I cleaned it in hot soapy water.

And reinstalled it back onto the block. I didn't have to reroute them since this will be a RHD car

When the intake assembly is out be sure to replace all the necessary gaskets such as...
Idler air control valve gasket

Throttle body gasket

Intake collector gasket

And lastly the intake manifold gasket "note" the intake manifold and collector gasket goes on only one way, so you don't have to worry about which side you have to put it on.

Also please replace all your fuel lines the last thing you want for your engine is a fire, so don't over look these, I got 2 feet of 5/16" thick fuel lines that should cover all of them.

I thought I had pictures of me tightenting the whole intake assembly to the block, but I guess I didn't anyways I used a 12mm with a 3/8 extension to tighten everything, I cross hand tightened everything on the intake side where as the exhaust side i'm going to hit the fsm for torque specs.
Make sure you install your intake brackets one here located at the bottom of your intake collector, I impacted it back on with a 12mm socket

Don't forget about this one I almost did it's located right above the throttle body, I used a combo of a ratchet and wrench to tighten 12mm btw

Heres a pic of where some of the hoses connect to on the "IACV" and the vaccum booster line. Once again this will be a "RHD car" so the line needs to be pointing right if your looking at it in the back of the engine. Ignore the IACV sensor those I mounted in the wrong location it actually needs to be bolted to the top of intake manifold

In this pic you can kind of see where both the other lines need to be connected to if someone wants some better close up pictures just let me know, I actually just remember where everything went.

I replaced the oem fuel pressure regulator with a nismo fpr

I bolted on my alternator brackets I used a 14mm with a 3/8 extension here.

And a 12mm socket here.

Thats pretty much where I stopped today more updates soon once I receive my next order of goodies!!
Oh I also forgot I ran into a problem with the p/s pump the DOHC KA p/s pump wont bolt onto the SR p/s bracket, I think it's because my bracket and pump on my sr was a HICAS If anyone has a non HICAS SR p/s bracket let me know i'm in the market to buy one. The one I have is too small...

Last edited by xharobikeslifex; 09-19-2013 at 09:58 PM..
xharobikeslifex is offline   Reply With Quote