View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 01:09 PM   #70
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Jo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3b View Post
So I got a pretty vague question but how many of you guys shoot for a living or at least to freelance work? Im kinda over my job and want to focus on school more, I've saved more than enough to keep me going till my degree is up but I still want to make money on the side.

I do freelance work, my goal is to continue this as a career. I still do have a 9-5 job but my photography is able to pay for my car or my camera equipment. Being in college has really opened up my eyes to the true life of being a freelance. Having learned from professors who’s shot for HBO,Puma & BMW. Learning what these shoots consist of or how getting paid works was really shocking. My professor who shoots for HBO doesnt get paid until 6months after he sends his invoice. In learning that, he said that in order to properly “survive” as a freelance. You need to constantly have photoshoots set up months in advanced because you obviously have rent/food/bills to pay & everything you do needs to be done in advanced to assure that you have money always available. Currently i take on about 3-4 shoots a month at $200/hr which is no where anything i need to cover living expenses. But as advice i would say start shooting with friends/family because if they respected you/your art. They would pay you. & not complain lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jo_Galezo is offline   Reply With Quote