View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 07:46 PM   #2
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
I’ve run a pretty simple system on my VET.

Standard S14 SR ignitor and Denso/AEM dumb coils. The Denso version are the same shape, length and wiring connection as the AEM pencil coils and 1/4 the price. The only caveat is they require the threaded spark plug tip.

This setup made 500whp at 19-20psi on 93oct.

The new setup is VQ37 coils, bypassed ignitor and a PRP bracket/boots. These coils plug directly into the factory SR harness, but require two wires to be swapped. The coils are a pretty snug fit on the VE head.m, unfortunately, I do not have a DE/DET head to verify on. They fit great through the smaller opening of thr S15 VC and seal around the plug hole even without the PRP bracket. Length is perfect for the SR too. The only issue I have seen stems from the mounting hole being offset from the VR38 coils, which everyone designs their kits around.