View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
DarknessS13

Trader Rating: (0)
DarknessS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
91 RHD converted 2jz s13

Hey guys i wanted to share my current build with everyone. Im currently in teh process of completing my 2jz s13 swap. Ive been working on it for 1 1/2 years now, first by sourcing a motor then a shell. Ive gone thorugh 3 different shells just trying to find the right one. So ill start with the shell.
Details
91 240sx hatch, right hand drive conversion, 5lug conversion, j30 diff, Fortune Auto Coils, JDM climate control, Racing Harness, Type X tails & Spoiler, r32 GT-R Seats with Bridge Seat rails, quick release hub, and some other things im probably forgetting. I have decent pics but ill post em up.

The dash needs to be reassembled so i dont have any interior pics yet, i will surely try to get some.
Next is the motor
1994 USDM Toyota Supra 2JZ-GTE with 50k-70k mileage.
Motor was pulled from a running supra and was supposed to be swapped into a 350z but owner decided another route. I then purchased the motor and had it sit in a friends garage for a while before finally tearing it down. Had a local machine shop help get her in tip top shape, cleaned the head and block, had the crank rebalanced, and a bunch of other shit. so enough talking heres the pics
before rebuild & tear down

After rebuild

So i decided to go with Driftmotions 67mm turbo kit. Looks pretty good so far. Then i came into a issue and had to get the car towed from the shop back home so i had the motor dropped in. Im using the Freed Engineering brackets with Circut Sports Motor Mounts and a OEM R154 Trans Mount.

So now she sits at home. The next biggest thing i need to get taken care of is the wiring. Ive been back and forth between attempting to do it myself (with 0 wiring experience) or dropping 800 for a brand new harness from chasebays or wiring specialties. Ive attempted to read and around and see what it was that was so difficult about the wiring and why i would pay 800 bucks to have it done...but i digress...anyways the final list of things to do is comprised of....(not in any particular order just stuff i need to get done)
1 Wiring
2 Shifter Extension
3 Drive Shaft
4. Tune/Software
5. Fuel Line Rerouting
6. Custom Exhaust
7. Re-assemble the dash/Install Guages

any more that i think off ill add onto, but yea...thats its lol any suggestions, opinions, feedback, or help would be appreciated.
DarknessS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links