Thread: Na Ka Faq
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 10:35 AM   #75
Iceman00
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Iceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS!3
merr.... i can see what your talking about with the supercharger thing. didnt see that , haha. but back on topic anybody have any info on the sohc piston swap. i heard about it alot but never seen anybody actually do it. id like to do it in the future, have grooves made for em so the valves dont hit with bigger cams. i dunno mabey have em polished to help reduce carbon buildup. werd is that they bump compression from 9.5:1 to 11:1 and with high comp rings that just might up the comp up a little. seems like a pretty cool thing to do to dohc's, just never seen it done. but then again you barely see "built" n/a ka's. lol
Some one did this on Altimas.net, and the result could have been better if he used quality parts.

He has to run super retarded ignition timing, and in a foolish move, bought the pistons on ebay.

With out a tune, it ran rough, it pinged, and who knows what else. He says he might try it out again.
Iceman00 is offline   Reply With Quote