View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 01:07 AM   #3948
spray2020
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
spray2020 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead55 View Post
Glad to see it will be getting a new life, but the car doesn't have a title?
the car was sitting at a body shop for a while, as the original owner left it there or something, and didn't want to pay to repair the fender bender on the front driver corner.

So then it sat and sat, and the shop put a lien on it, and then they put it up on craigslist for sale. Then the guy I bought it from went out there and bought it. But he never went to the DMV to register in his name, well- not until like the day or two before I went to go see it, he partially filled the paperwork but didn't pay any of the fee's owed or anything. Basically it needs a VIN check by the dmv, a smog check, light check and then I need to pay like $260 owed on it from the lien and then I can apply for the title.

I drove it home from Inglewood, which I probably shouldn't have- as I know if I got stopped it could of been seized but it was running so I did it anyway. Main problem with the car is the poor single cam is making a tapping noise- I think it is a rod knock and it has low compression- it wasn't going higher than 2k rpm on the 710 back home, but I was going light on the gas anyhow. It has this huge 3" exhaust with long tube header- I am removing and got all the stock piping all the way back for it already.

I will update soon