View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 11:56 PM   #35
knate
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
knate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really nice
While moving some stuff around.. took a picture of our very cool looking trophies:

Now that we were racing with Lucky Dog, we had less limitations on what we could do to the car. The rulebook was basically open, but not so much our wallets. So we looked around at what we could do on the cheap. I had a Whiteline sway bar that had been taken off of my car when I put the V8 in it.

I also had some RS*R "race" springs that had been on my personal 240SX before the coilovers. After installing the Whiteline front bar, we reinstalled the factory rear bar we had disconnected for the rain at the previous race. With McPherson front struts we were looking for a little less body roll (and camber loss). We also picked up a set of our tried-and-true Dunlop Direzza ZIIs and got those mounted up.

We checked our brakes.. nope! No swaps needed.

LDRL Racecapturing The Ridge (4/23/16) - 7 hours - Ridge Motorsports Park:

Nathan Feigion starts the race and we are in 39th place. It's random, and OK to be that far back, I'm confident he will move his way forward, there's lots of time. There are also a lot of cars with 49 cars starting the race. It's a bit damp out, but the sun is out and is drying up. The Ridge is a horsepower track, with multiple long acceleration zones, and we are a momentum car. Many of the cars here can run away from us on the straights. Nathan runs a fastest lap of 2:04.9, and gets us all the way up to 6th place by the time he pits.

And the big news of the race, my dad is healed up! Dave heads out on track for the second stint. Dave is warming up to the track and getting used to things again, but he is still consistent enough to get us up into 4th place with a fastest lap of 2:06.1!

I get in the car next and am getting frustrated by so many cars pulling away from us on the straights. It's dry for the first part of the stint, then it starts raining. The Ridge has pretty good drainage and is newer than Portland, so it doesn't get nearly as greasy as Portland does. I just barely edge out Nathan Feigion's laptime with a 2:04.6, but I have gotten us up into 1st place!

Nathan goes out on course (now in 7th after the pit stop), and the heavens have opened and decided to dump out buckets of rain. Visibility is an issue, brake lockup is an issue, and hydroplaning is an issue. Nathan makes his way past a few cars and gets up to 3rd place for a trophy! #177 Finally Racing won the race (with a fastest lap of 2:02) with the #40 SC-YA SC300 getting second place (with a fastest lap of 2:03).

Video overview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQawbDolISI

Last edited by knate; 04-18-2021 at 01:16 AM..
knate is offline   Reply With Quote