View Single Post
Old 09-06-2023, 05:20 AM   #381
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Time flies.

Ive spent much of the summer figuring out this brake package which supposed to be an easy swap.

First the spacing of the caliper to the rotor was 10mm off. Turns out it was designed for 300zx which has aluminum knuckles which are thicker. I turned up some spacers at work and quickly found the next issue.

The bracket hits the lower control arm before the steering stop. After much head scratching and searching through broken photobucket links ect. I was able to deduce that the 300zx and R32 balljoing position is different by 15mm.

So I chopped away until everything was happy. You can see the adapter templates on the floor which I created to rotate the caliper to clear.

The new superleggera lower arm was nowhere near strong enough to drive on so I ordered some 240sx lower arms from rockauto and got to work with the scanner.

I designed and 3d printed a jig to make sure the cut was the same on both the left and right arm and had laser cut patch panels made.

I ordered some R35 Brembo decals for the calipers to complete the look.

The brakes are incredible and are well worth the effort I had to put into them to make them work.

While the R32 has been down I managed to scratch the driving itch by doing a few autocross events in the Micra. I am hooked on it now and hope to make more events next summer.

Slow car fast is a lot of fun.

-Jordie