View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 08:29 PM   #645
D-Clem
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
D-Clem is making a name for him/her selfD-Clem is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaMervaj View Post
I'm picking up a KA-T car with a cd009 but has a stock 4.08 rear end. What's the preferred or best diff to match this transmission? J30, Q45 or Z33? It'll be a daily driver with occasional sprinted mountain drives and highway runs. I can pick up a Z33 for $100 at the moment but worried about axle fitment... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Tons of good info in here! The speedo isn't working at the moment but I believe I've nailed that portion reading through all these pages!
Also, z axles fit perfectly fine. I’m running them with a stock diff and villains stubs. The problem with those mentioned diffs is they’re VLSD and probably all really old/worn out. Some still work well if you want a viscous diff, but could go z33/34 (never thought about it since I run weldeds for the track but they came with viscous right?) and then kill two birds. Newer viscous coupling unit and stronger diff. And as fast as speedo, if you go back some I shared ho to make it work with GPS for pretty cheap. Good luck